Try it where you live.
It is useful to remember that civility is an important part of effective civics and politics.
We can benefit by learning:
- more of civility.
- some collaborative leadership.
- about consensus building.
- a deeper level of tolerance.
- about sources of conflict.
- how people who are fundamentally different from one another can develop sensitivities that will enable them to get along.
We are at our best when we:
- are listening.
- are working in partnership with others.
- lead by example.
- have the courage to be appropriately humble.
Learn, educate yourself, find out what others have to say, organize, plan.
We have a lot to learn. My old aunt said that by beginning we are half way there. After that, one keeps on keeping on.
by Richard Sheehan
for Mago Bill