Colombians are supporting practical plans to:
- restore the native riparian vegetation along streams. They want cleaner water in the mountain streams and cleaner water for the agricultural settlements.
- develop decentralized networks tor suppling many megawatts of renewable energy with the many small efficient generators now available.
- improve shipping strategies so that less packaging and less fuel is used.
- establish reliable methods of measuring progress in emissions reduction.
- increase local food production in urban greenbelts and elsewhere.
- encourage foot, bicycle, and public transit use with practical design and inventiveness.
- devote more (60%) of new city development to green space.
Others elsewhere can and are supporting similar practical plans.
for Mago Bill
by Richard Sheehan